Each day School Meals are prepared by The School Lunch Company staff in our on-site kitchen.
School meals are free for Infants (F-Y2) and at a cost of £2.30 for Juniors (Y3-6). We kindly request parents pay for school meals in advance using ParentMail PMX, so please ensure your child's balance does not fall below zero. You can check your balance and make payments at any time by going into the 'payments' section on PMX. If you prefer to pay by cash that's perfectly acceptable, but please send it in a named envelope, ideally on Monday morning. A full week is £11.50 for one child.
Pre-ordering is not required - children are asked by their teacher during morning registration if they would like a hot meal that day.
For details of our current School Menu, please see below.
Free School Meals for KS2 Children
Registering for free meals could raise an extra £1,320 for your child’s school known as Pupil Premium, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed below and the funding remains in place for 6 years even if you later stop claiming benefits. It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals, so that your child’s school receives as much funding as possible to invest in the education of your children.
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
We are not allowed to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
Should you feel you might qualify, please contact the School Office for an application form (or download and print the one below) and return this with your proof of entitlement (original up to date copies must be produced, we are unable to authorise for free school meals without the necessary paperwork).
You only need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at their current school. Therefore, if you believe you may be eligible, please do complete the form, as you will be helping to make sure your child’s school is as well funded as possible.