Help raise funds
As well as social events, you can also raise funds for the school through a variety of other ways:
1. Use AmazonSmile for all your Amazon purchases
KESA is registered with AmazonSmile. This is a service operated by Amazon with exactly the same products, prices and shopping features as amazon.co.uk. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) from any eligible AmazonSmile purchases (which most are) to KESA. We would be REALLY grateful if you would consider selecting Kidmore End School Association as your chosen charity and using AmazonSmile each time you shop with Amazon.
To complete the one-off set up you need to:
- Visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk/
- Sign in with your normal Amazon account details
- When asked to choose a charity: ‘Select an organisation or pick your own’ – pick your own by searching for Kidmore End School
- Select Kidmore End School Association as your chosen charity
AmazonSmile will now remember your preference (which you can change to any other charity enrolled with AmazonSmile should you wish to). You will receive a Welcome to AmazonSmile email, this will include a link to Install Amazon Assistant on your browser should you wish to, as a helpful reminder to use AmazonSmile.
Important – you must always checkout at smile.amazon.co.uk for purchases to be eligible.
Unfortunately, purchases through the Amazon App on your mobile are not eligible. One option is to use the app to add items to your basket but finish the checkout process through smile.amazon.co.uk which you could open in your mobile browser.
2. Go to Easyfundraising.org.uk each time you shop online.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for KESA with easyfundraising? There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/kidmoreendpsa/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you've checked out, the retailer will make a donation to KESA at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and KESA will be really grateful for your donations.
3. Bring your unwanted clothes/shoes/textiles to our Bags2School Collection Day
Bags2School take away your unwanted clothes, shoes and textiles and recycle them but in the process give school a cheque based on the weight collected - the more the bags weigh, the more they pay. Typical collections see Bags2school write a cheque for School for more than £300, so it's a great fundraiser for the School. A collection is made from the school playground after morning drop-off (usually) in both March and October each year. Our next collection will be on Tuesday 15th March 2022.
4. Use Easy2name for your name labels.
For every order of personalised labels for children’s clothing and equipment, The School will benefit from 20% of your order. Go to www.easy2name.com and quote FRKIDMOREEND-95 when ordering. Order forms are also available at the school office.
5. Ask your employer if they offer any matched fundraising schemes?
Hundreds of organisations in the UK like Microsoft, Vodafone, Thames Water and Sky will boost fundraising when their employees volunteer for charities like Kidmore End School Association. If you’re not sure if your employer offers a match funding scheme please contact your HR department. If your company does offer it, please get in touch with KESA to see if we can work together to unlock that extra fundraising potential. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Vicky Jones, Amy Collier or Lucy Shah.